Ado Ato Pictures is currently seeking a scale-up mentality Business Development Intern to join our studio as we shift into the next phase of growth.
In ancient Yoruba folk tales, there is a particular wonder around “Ado Ato” - containers of magical spells. Like this container, Ado Ato Pictures harnesses the magic of new technology to create interactive and immersive experiences with the potential to change our world. Ado Ato Pictures promotes social justice through our innovative content - inspired by real-world issues and enhanced by efforts to channel the creativity of marginalized and underrepresented communities. Based in Los Angeles and Amsterdam, we work with a number of talented and inspiring artists from around the world, ranging from animators, developers, writers, actors, and beyond. For more about Ado Ato Pictures, please visit: www.adoatopictures.com
WHO WE ARE
Ado Ato Pictures is an international award-winning Los Angeles and Amsterdam-based film studio, specializing in film, animation and immersive media storytelling led by award-winning artist, director, and creative technologist Tamara Shogaolu. Driven by the vision to produce unexpected content that breaks boundaries, Ado Ato Pictures develops and produces film, TV, interactive, experiential, and immersive media as seen in theaters, in-home entertainment, installations, and activations across the globe.
Ado Ato Pictures garnered international success with their three-part transmedia series, Queer in a Time of Forced Migration, through which the studio successfully released HALF A LIFE (2017), ANOTHER DREAM (2019), and THEY CALL ME ASYLUM SEEKER (2020). Ado Ato Pictures’ award-winning work has been commissioned by festivals such as the International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam (IDFA) and Open City Documentary Film Festival. In addition, our work has showcases at top film festivals and museums like Annecy, Sheffield DocFest, the Tribeca Film Festival,The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), the Amsterdam Museum, and other art spaces in the U.S. and internationally.
The team approaches content creation with a pioneering spirit, always pushing to compose the most diverse and engaging experiences for audiences who crave fresh, boundary-breaking, and meaningful storytelling. Ado Ato Pictures' multimedia work aims to explore issues that are socially and globally relevant, especially those that are often denied attention by conventional entertainment platforms. The studio collaborates with international production partners to produce and distribute content such as Netflix, Sundance Institute, the Stimuleringsfonds/Dutch Creative Industries, the Los Angeles Latino International Film Festival (LALIFF), the Arab American Museum, Harvard Law School, and Yale University.
Globally known for their innovation and practice, VOGUE, Forbes, The Guardian, and various outlets have cited Ado Ato Pictures as leaders in immersive media. Ado Ato Pictures is currently partnering with FRONTLINE, U.S television's longest running investigative documentary series, broadcasted by PBS for the worldwide premiere of UN(RE)SOLVED at the Tribeca Film Festival in 2021, with a national tour to follow. UN(RE)SOLVED is a multi-platform project that investigates the federal government's effort to grapple with America's legacy of racist killings. Ado Ato Pictures led the creative vision for the multi-platform series and production for the web interactive and the interactive installations.
What You’ll do
You will be part of the Business Development team expanding revenue opportunities. You will seek creative and smart ways to reach out to potential partners and find collaborations. You will use your communication skills to create these opportunities with potential clients. With your team, you will be able to set up a business structure and perform operations functions for the company which will in turn allow us to grow while maintaining our artistic integrity and commitment to socially relevant/ responsible content.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identifying opportunities to expand or shift course in order to take advantage of changes in the market
- Actively participate in business development activities, such as introduction meetings, follow-ups, chasing leads etc.
- Identifying and finding connections with key targets, influencers and decision makers inside an organization
- Supporting the sales process by preparing pitch decks and writing proposals
- Conducting research into a client’s background to assist the team with proposals
- Actively approach partners who engage with us via various channels (such as website, social media)
- Keep track of progress via various administrative tasks
Qualifications and Skills
- Studying a business related area or recent graduate
- Results-oriented with a strong interest in business development
- Skilled in efficient and accurate research
- Well-organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to manage conflict well
- Excellent communication skills - the ability to translate complex issues into simple, clear solutions
- International experience
- English required, Spanish and/or Dutch are a plus
- Interest in the arts and new technologies.
- Strong interest in projects relating to topics such as world cultures, social justice, and LGBTQ and women's rights.
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and feedback
- Ability to work autonomously and with teams, as well as remotely
- Fluent in English is a must, Dutch or other language skills are also a plus
Job Type: Part-time, Remote possibilities
READY TO APPLY? 'CAUSE WE ARE READY TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Please e-mail email@example.com with the subject line: [Full name] - Business Development Intern
In the body of the e-mail, please include:
- A short introduction of yourself
- Details of the required/preferred skills you offer
- Your availability for the dates of the position
Please also attach, or include links to:
- Your CV/resume
- Your motivation letter
Qualified candidates will be contacted shortly for an interview.