Who We Are
In ancient Yoruba folktales, there is a particular wonder around “Ado Ato,” or containers of magical spells, used to transform the world. At Ado Ato Pictures, we use the magic of cutting edge technology to create stories that bend our current reality and imagine a new future —through film, animation, TV, games, and other immersive technologies.
An award-winning studio, with roots in Amsterdam and Los Angeles, we are a Black Latinx female-led studio that brings together expertise in animation, documentary, film, and tech to write stories you can touch and build worlds that surround you. Our tech-forward approach to storytelling creates immersive artistic experiences that inspire that ancient sense of wonder.
We’ve partnered with Netflix, PBS Frontline, and the Sundance Institute and exhibited at top film festivals and museums like the Tribeca Film Festival, Annecy, the MoMA, the Du Sable Museum of African American History, the National Gallery of Indonesia, and the Amsterdam Museum. Won numerous awards including the SXSW Innovation Award for Visual Media and the IDFA Award for Digital Storytelling. Outlets such as Vogue, Forbes, and The Guardian have called us leaders in the entertainment field.
Your Mission, Should You Choose To Accept It...
Ado Ato Pictures is currently seeking a producer to join our innovative team in Amsterdam. You will organise and coordinate projects from the earliest stages of development through completion. You creatively strategize and supervise the entire operation. You represent both the project and the production team with your impeccable communication skills. You not only are responsible for the technical planning and coordination of projects but also serve as the link between project management and the technical development. You take an enthusiastic approach to problem-solving. You have strong leadership abilities that positively inspire your team members as well as technical knowledge of the XR industry.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Technical planning and coordination of projects
● Anticipating problems that may impede a project from completing on time and implementing solutions
● Creating and overseeing project production timeline.
● Working with studio manager to create project budgets, tracking expenses to ensure projects are on a budget.
● Working closely with the Creative Director in the creative process from concept to completion
● Working with the Creative Director and Studio Manager to establish and communicate goals, plans, milestone schedules, and objectives.
● Researching new technology and techniques that can be applied in production and post-production
● Screening and hiring staff for the production including animators, illustrators, developers, and interns
● Conducting meetings with writers, artists, director, managers, actors, production assistants, and other team members to discuss production progress and to ensure production objectives are attained
● Overseeing deliveries from contractors ensuring timely deliveries as well as confirming assets.
● Overseeing and leading the design of pitch decks, production documentation decks, and promotional materials.
● Be familiar and able to problem-solve post-production workflows: having an understanding of web and post-production software including Blender, After Effects, Unity, and Premiere
● Communicating director’s feedback and instructions with artists
● Crafting and implementing financing plans: assisting with grant writing and grant reports
● Design and edit assets and materials as needed
Qualification and skills:
● 3+years of experience in media production
● Technical knowledge of XR productions and/or media production.
● Familiar with animation workflows
● Analytical and a conceptual thinker
● Sharp interpersonal, problem-solving, and organisational skills
● Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly and work in a fast-paced environment
● Great sense of priority and ability to work under pressure
● Reliable, professional
● Ability to work autonomously and with teams, as well as remotely