Ado Ato Pictures seeks a Production Assistant to support the operations of our studio in the center of Amsterdam.
This is a significant opportunity for an emerging film and media producer to gain valuable experience, honing their administrative, design, and technical skills in a creative, enterprising, and fast-paced environment.
The Production Assistant will support all the ongoing Ado Ato projects, including but not limited to, our award-winning transmedia series Queer in A Time of Forced Migration, that features the voices of LGBTQ+ refugees.
The Production Assistant will work with our growing team of artists, creative technologists, developers, and producers on-site full-time. We are currently observing COVID protocols in the office and are working on a hybrid system of on-site and remote.
- Support Creative Director, producers, and other staff with the day-to-day operations of our studio, including, but not limited to: administration (e.g. office maintenance), management (e.g. hiring and supervising interns), and production (e.g. budgeting, scheduling, assisting with the production process)
- Serve as in-house communications designer, efficiently creating effective, elegant, and exciting marketing, presentations, and promotional materials, including documents, graphics, and videos for social media, print, and web
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Significant experience and/or education/training in film and media production
- Strong graphic design skills, experience, and work samples, demonstrating a facility with Adobe Cloud programs (After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop)
- Sharp communication skills, in English (verbal and written); Dutch and Arabic language skills are a plus
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively, and to both manage and report to team members, with a readiness to adhere to deadlines
- Strong interest in projects relating to topics such as world cultures, social justice, and LGBTQ and women's rights
We are currently producing multiple high-level projects toward major festival deadlines, candidates open to a yearlong contract (following an initial evaluation period) are preferred.
Please note: Applicants must be authorized to work in the Netherlands, as we are unable to assist with visas or related paperwork.
Ready to apply?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line:
Production Assistant Applicant: [Your Full Name]
In the body of the email, include:
• A short introduction to yourself
• Details of how the qualifications and responsibilities of the position suit your experience, interests, and goals
• The date you are available to begin work
Please also attach or include links to:
• Your CV/resume
• 3-5 representative work samples
Qualified candidates will be contacted shortly for a first interview.