In ancient Yoruba folk tales, there is a particular wonder around “Ado Ato” - containers of magical spells. Like this container, Ado Ato Pictures harnesses the magic of new technology to create interactive and immersive experiences with the potential to change our world. Ado Ato Pictures is an award-winning studio promoting social justice through our innovative content - inspired by real-world issues and enhanced by efforts to channel the creativity of marginalized and underrepresented communities.
Based in Los Angeles and Amsterdam, we work with a number of talented and inspiring artists from around the world, ranging from animators, developers, writers, actors, and beyond, to push one another to create revolutionary boundary pushing work that engages audiences through their senses, minds and hearts.
Please note: the period of this internship is January - June 2023, and we are looking for a 3-6 months availability
Your Mission, Should You Choose To Accept It…
Ado Ato Pictures is currently seeking an in-office or remote Production Intern. This is a significant opportunity for an emerging film and media producer to gain valuable experience, honing their administrative, design, and technical skills in a creative and fast-paced environment. You'll be working closely with our team of creatives to help produce interactive and immersive content (VR/AR/XR), and will be responsible for assisting in tasks such as editing, creating visual assets for promotional purposes, helping with research for funding options, and more.
* Please note that this position is unpaid, though interns receive credits on all films and projects. Fun fact: Almost all the folks hired to the team interned with us at first.
- Support the creative director, producers, and other staff with the day-to-day operations of our studio
- Create engaging and exciting visual assets for promotional purposes, including documents, graphics, and videos for social media, print, and web
- Help with researching different grant and funding options
- Run errands for the office
- Serve as liaison between our team and festivals, potential distribution partners, and so on
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong editing and graphic design skills are a must!
- Experience and/or education/training in film and media production
- Strong graphic design skills, experience, and work samples, demonstrating a facility with Adobe Cloud programs (After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop)
- Sharp communication skills, in English (verbal and written); Dutch language skills are a plus
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively, and to both manage and report to team members, with a readiness to adhere to deadlines
- Strong interest in projects relating to topics such as world cultures, social justice, and LGBTQ+ and women's rights
Despite the current COVID-19 crisis, we are currently producing multiple high-level projects toward major festival deadlines.
Job Type: Internship (part time or full time)
Job Location: Amsterdam
Start of the internship: March 2022
Duration: 4-6 Months
Ready to apply?
Send us an email to email@example.com with the subject line:
Production Intern: [Your Full Name]
In the body of the email, include:
- A short introduction to yourself
- Details of how the qualifications and responsibilities of the position suit your experience, interests, and goals
- The date you are available to begin work
Please also attach or include links to:
- 3-5 representative work samples
Qualified candidates will be contacted shortly for a first interview.